Profile, Presentation, Pricing
At M.E. Property we use the latest technology to research and identify the highest and most realistic rental return for your property.
This is based on current rental returns and those properties you may be in competition with.
The inclusion of professional photography and large advertisements on the realestate.com will ensure you maintain a high profile. Online advertising is also measurable and reportable and allows us to advertise open inspection times.
A well-presented property gives us the best opportunity to attract the best of tenants and achieve the highest possible rental income for your property.
How long will it take to rent your home?
If a home is well presented in a good location and priced to meet the current market it will generally take a maximum of 4 weeks. This is dependent on the current market conditions and demand. However, be prepared for the property to be rented in the first two weeks of marketing and often following the first open for inspection.
A Guide to Presenting your home.
The better the presentation of a home, the better quality of tenant you will attract. Presenting a home for rent should be thought of in the same way as presenting a home for sale. Remember, how the property is presented at the beginning of the tenancy is how it is expected to be presented when handed back at the end of the tenancy, minus normal wear and tear. You should consider these presentation tips.
- Lawns mowed and edged
- Shrubs and trees trimmed
- Garden beds weeded, maybe even topped up with mulch
- Driveways and paved areas cleaned
- Gutters cleaned
- Outside painted areas in good repair
- Sheds and garages clean and empty
- Eaves clear of cob webs
- All inside walls and doors clean and free of scuff marks
- Windows and window tracks professionally cleaned
- Carpets professionally cleaned
- Bathrooms and wet areas clean
- Oven and range hoods clean and in good working order
- Blinds, curtains are all clean and in good working order
- Floors cleaned
- All appliances e.g. dishwasher, hot water service, ceiling fans, heating/cooling and all electrical wiring, power points etc. are in good working order
In addition to cleanliness and ensuring everything is in good working order it is important to note the following:
- Security locks are required on all external doors
- Fly screens need to be present on all windows
- Window locks are required on all windows
- Smoke alarms must be compliant
- Attend to any minor maintenance issues
- Property must have a washing line