Routine Property Inspections what do I need to know?
A routine inspection report will be conducted on your rental home approximately every 12 weeks? We always endeavour to provide you with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice in writing prior to the inspection.
A check list of what we will be paying attention to at the inspection along with a maintenance request form will provided to you also.
By law we are required to provide you with a 2 hour time frame, for example between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. If you are unable to attend the inspection we will use our keys to enter the premises.
At M.E. Property we use the latest technology to conduct our routine inspection reports. These reports are conducted to monitor the cleanliness and condition of the property and capture any maintenance that may need to be attended to.
A written report including photos is provided to you on the completion of the inspection.
Your property representative will contact you following the inspection to discuss any outstanding matters or merely thank you for taking care of the home.
In the unlikely event we have any major concerns regarding the care of the property we will provide you a time frame in which to remedy the problem then reinspect the property. This time frame is generally 7 days. If on reinspection we are still not satisfied we have the right to serve a breach notice and if the matter is not remedied, apply for a tribunal hearing.
ROUTINE INSPECTION GUIDE
To help you prepare your home for routine inspection we have prepared the following points that may need attention:
- Ovens, racks, grillers and drip trays on stoves all need to be cleaned (this will avoid permanent staining and grease build up).
- Exhaust fans/range hoods in the kitchens, bathrooms and any other room that has an exhaust needs to be cleaned (this will ensure that they work effectively and reduce the risk of fires caused by buildup of dust).
- All carpets need to be vacuumed and spot cleaned if required. In some cases should the carpets be badly soiled please arrange to have them professionally steam cleaned before the inspection (this will avoid another follow up inspection).
- All other floor coverings need to be swept and washed.
- All windows, tracks and fly screens need to be cleaned.
- Wipe all walls and remove any marks (particularly around the light switches and door handles).
- Dust skirting boards
- Clear spider webs from walls, ceilings, house fittings and outside eaves.
- Remove any mould from walls, ceilings and wet areas.
- Remove any soap scum from the shower recess, bath and basin.
- Dust light fittings and ceiling fans.
- Clean the filter pad on the air conditioner. This needs to be done on a regular basis. Open the front of the air conditioner and take out the filters, rinse in warm water and then replace. This will improve the efficiency of the heating or cooling.
- Ensure all lawns are mowed and edged.
- Ensure gardens are tidy and all rubbish removed from the property.
- Remove weeds from garden beds, pavers and cement areas.
- Remove oil stains from driveways and carports
- Access is required to all sheds and garages on the property, please ensure that they are accessible. We suggest that keys are left inside on the table for the property manager to unlock and check then lock and replace the keys inside.
- Complete your maintenance form and leave on the table for the property manager if maintenance is required.